Friday, September 6, 2013

Herd

Day 7: We've only just begun the second week of classes and already the mobs in the lecture halls have thinned. Part of that is due to students dropping and switching courses, but another part of it is students just plain skipping class. If last semester is any indicator, the classes will be even more sparsely populated in the following weeks.

I mention this only to celebrate that I can find a seat in the front without having to get to class 10 minutes early. And to vent a little frustration at what I know will come next - students freaking out about midterms after only having been to a class or two subsequently dominating any and all review sessions with bullshit questions that could easily have been answered if they had just come to class instead of now taking away from legitimate questions and concerns of the people who made an effort to get out of bed and learn something.

You can't see it right now, but I'm shaking a cane in my knotted arthritic fist.

Get off my lawn, damn it!


No comments:

Post a Comment